* Education and training of human resources
* Definition of education and training
* Impact on the cooperative sector of the education and training of human resources in the province of Pinar del Rio (Cuba)
The formation and training of human resources within the cooperative sector are essential to the successful operation.
The paper addresses the fundamental elements existing on the formation and training of human resources, as is done by pointing the preparation of training programs and highlighting the number of actions taken in this regard in the cooperative sector in the province of Pinar del Rio; addition to showing results concerning these programs made during the years 2005 and 2006 and their impact on the cooperative.
Using resources effectively and efficiently within an organization, the key to success is the same. Speaking of resources we mean not only financial, technological or technical, but also to humans. In the modern organization, the latter are as important as the other, and in order to obtain maximum performance, they spent much of the economic resources are specialized so that they can use existing technology.
In the context of profound technological and organizational changes, the future of the economy and labor market will depend largely on the capacity for innovation and quality of services or products that are generated. This leads to the consideration of the human factor as an essential resource, and is in need of a qualitative change in the role, content and methodology of training and training.
The limited availability of information about how the process performs human resources in cooperatives, has brought a low rating of the labor force and therefore has not been an objective analysis of the subject.
The paper addresses the fundamental elements existing on the formation and training of human resources, highlighting the number of actions in this area, and some of the issues addressed in the cooperative sector also shows the results of training programs conducted during the 2005 and 2006.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING OF HUMAN RESOURCES
The process of education and training to human resources found in cooperative enterprises, is the best investment to meet future challenges. The steps for the training process for governing the mechanism are given at: identify needs, identify resources, designing the training plan, run and evaluate, control and give the corresponding track.
Currently the capacity and efficiency are essential cooperative business operation within the sector, so that the effective use of policies and tools, training and development of human resources becomes increasingly necessary.
The power to have qualified employees and ensure the best performance and development of human resources at their disposal necessarily involve cooperatives to establish efficient training process.br>
Definition of education and training.
The training covers the process of training, career development, renovation and recycling of all members, in line with the needs arising from the strategic objectives, the projection and renewal of management, determination of deficiencies and inadequacies in the performance and the collective and individual interests.
Training is an essential tool for Human Resource Management, which offers the possibility of improving the efficiency of the work of the company, while allowing it to adapt to the new circumstances that occur both inside and outside the organization . Provides employees the opportunity to acquire more skills, knowledge and abilities that increase their skills to perform successfully on the job. Thus, also makes an important motivational tool.
The training has clear objectives, among which are:
* Driving cooperatives to greater profitability and employees to have a more positive attitude.
* Improve knowledge of the position at all levels.
* To raise the morale of the workforce.
* Assist staff to identify with the goals of the company.
* Encourage the authenticity, openness and trust.
* Prepare guidelines for the job.
* Facilitate decision making and problem solving.
* Contribute to the development of leaders within the Cooperative.
* Increase productivity and quality of work.
* Promote cooperative communication throughout.
Because of the importance of training, it must be permanently and continuously, so as to achieve the goals.
Impact on Cooperative Sector Education and Training of human resources in the province of Pinar del Rio.
Cooperatives are companies operating in all sectors of the economy and in different ways. The cooperative is defined as an autonomous association of persons who voluntarily join together to meet common needs and aspirations in economic, social and cultural rights through a jointly owned and democratic administration. Given the role of cooperatives in Latin American reality, and specifically the Cuban model of development should be encouraged the development and strengthening of the identity of cooperatives in the light, cooperative values of self-help, responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity, and ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others, and cooperative principles developed by the international cooperative movement.
The education and training within the cooperative sector should be directed to the human resource development of cooperative organizations, taking into account the peculiarities of each entity and meeting their real needs according to his purpose.
It is necessary to adapt to new conditions cooperatives, which involves modifying their structures and ways of working, which in turn requires new methods, necessitating improve and develop new skills in managers and partners in order to increase leadership and reduce cost levels to face market competition.
Although education and training programs designed for the cooperative sector have increased in recent years are not yet sufficient to meet all the needs of the partners and managers involved in the sector, so you must ensure that those members possessing a higher level of education, training and experience to perform as guides and advocates taxing way to achieve a multiplier effect on training.
The education and training programs of the cooperative sector in the province of Pinar del Rio, is made from a diagnosis that is made jointly by the Training Directorate of the Ministry of Agriculture of the territory, the Training Department of the Association National Small Farmers and managers of the cooperative sector in view the demands of each cooperative entity.
During 2005, a total of 160 training activities in the cooperative sector, with a total of 33 043 participants which shows a significant increase compared to previous periods, explaining that one partner or director involved in several actions of the performed, corresponding to the activity carried out within the organization.
In the course of 2006 in the province of Pinar del Rio, a total of 177 training activities that addressed the issues of Marketing of Agricultural Production, Application of General Rules and Internal Cooperatives Conference on Labor Legislation, State Insurance System, Quality Management, Object Materialization Seminars Social Seminars Resolution 297 of the Ministry of Economy and Planning of Cuba that addresses matters related to the implementation of internal control, and other highly interesting.
Table 1 – Information relating to partners 2005-2006.
Source: Training program. Pinar del Rio Province. Cuba.
Table 2 – Information concerning the directors 2005-2006.
Source: Training program. Pinar del Rio Province. Cuba.
Making a comparison of the actions carried out in the period 2005-2006 can be seen that these increased significantly with yields higher than those achieved so far, as well as better management, raising the level of commitment associated with the entity.
Currently in the province of Pinar del Rio cooperative enterprises have higher professional 109 and 605 mid-level technicians, which shows the need for training in the sector, because it is still insufficient number of qualified partners and managers.
Notably occupies the role of women in the cooperative sector in the implementation of the various activities taking place in it, with a noticeable increase in its incorporation in 2006 over 2005.
* The Education and Training of Human Resources of a cooperative can not be performed from a department, but must be seen as an integral function and proactively.
* Human Resources currently occupy as prominent a role in organizations that are considered the core of the management or business management.
* The education and training programs developed by the cooperatives in most cases are extrapolated without taking into account the peculiarities of the same.
* Cooperative enterprises should focus their training programs so that more fit the needs of its partners and managers and to include the community in order to enhance human capital within the organization and in the environment.
* In the province of Pinar del Rio, with increased training programs implemented in the cooperative sector, have achieved higher yields than those obtained in previous periods and better management and a level of commitment from partners and managers to with your organization.
* Despite the increase in the training and training that have brought improved levels of efficiency and effectiveness, and management of Cooperatives still does not meet the demand of partners and directors.
* ACT. Basics for developing work skills. Iowa, 1998.
* Bouder, ANNIE and others. Certification and legibility of competences. Berlin:
* Buck Consultants. Competency-based performance management. Washington, 1998.
* BUNK, G. P. The transfer of skills in training and further training in Germany. Berlin, CEDEFOP. Training Magazine. n.1, 1994.
* CASANOVA, FERNANDO. Local development, production and training. Montevideo: Cinterfor / ILO, 2004.
* CEDEFOP, 2001.
* Chiavenato Idalberto. Human Resource Management. Ed Mc Graw Hill, Mexico, 1992.
* Cuesta Santos, A. Technology Human Resource Management. 1999. Cuba. Editorial CITMA.
* The control of human resources, as a way to ensure the integrity of its management. Article. Magazine # 8. Faculty of Management and Economics. USACH.
* Competitive Management in cooperative ventures. “Section. Magazine No. 8. Faculty of Management and Economics. USACH. Chile.
* The human resources management in enterprises of the Solidarity Economy. “Material used in the master taught in the city of Monteria, capital of the Department of Crdoba. Colombia. September 1997.
* Paper presented at the International Workshop “Women Family and Society.” Pinar del Rio, Cuba. 1998.
* Paper presented at the International Workshop Cooperat’98. Pinar del Rio, Cuba.
Mr. Mirabal Gonzlez Yamira
Birthplace: Pinar del Rio. Cuba.
She graduated from the University of Pinar del Ro, specializing in Accounting and Finance, in 2003 with a GPA of 5.16. He has participated in important events like VII International Meeting on Globalization and Development Problems, International Convention COOPERAT five consecutive times, International Internships and others.
He has won numerous awards including the Builders of the Future Exhibition XI, and also the Seal Builders of the Future in 2005.
He has completed the Diploma of Comprehensive Practice of English Language Level Higher Diploma and Universalization of the University.
He currently serves as a researcher for the Centre for the Study of Cooperative and Community Development at the University of Pinar del Rio.
Mr. Leon Marin Iriadna
Birthplace: Pinar del Rio. Cuba.
A graduate of the University of Pinar del Rio in the economics major in 2006 with an excellent investigative work. Graduate status received more Integral Research in the area of his graduation, he was awarded the Scientific Achievement Award, Outstanding Award in Congress Provincial University Student Scientific Research Award in Science and Technology Forum, won the CITMA National research students in 2006, Prize Founders of the Future Exhibition and Seal of the Youth Technical Brigades, National Prize in the Social Sciences Workshop.
He has participated in international events such as the 1st International Congress Cooperatives, Education, Globalization and Development Problems in the International Convention COOPERAT for three consecutive years.
He currently serves as a researcher at the Center for the Study of Cooperative and Community Development at the University of Pinar del Rio.
Mr. Leonardo Ojeda Mesa
Birthplace: Pinar del Rio. Cuba.
A graduate of the University of Pinar del Ro, specializing in Economics in 1981. He has been a specialist in agricultural economics and tourism management responsibilities in dealing with them.
He has participated in numerous events in the subjects of Logistics, Warehousing Economics, Economics and Finance Material Provincial and National level.
He has completed postgraduate studies of price formation, Computers, Education, Investment, Training of Auditors, Internal Control and others.
He currently serves as a researcher at the Center for the Study of Cooperative and Community Development at the University of Pinar del Rio in the category of Assistant Professor.
The work was done in Cuba, Pinar del Rio Province and from the month of February to early April 2007.