* The union.
* Types of unions
* Constitution of the union
We demand more jobs! minimum wage rise! No more abuse of the business! …
phrases how are you are typical of the traditional Labor Day march, held every May. However, there are many companies who do not feel represented by the rivalry and have a good relationship union for 4-5 years, relations between management and workers have improved, there is more dialogue and seek solutions together unions with business
This research work is the subject of unions, which is part of the structures of any organization or company providing labor perspective infinities of solutions the issue of Human Resources. He developed the theme ranging from his purpose, and formality types to form a union.
Today organizations have become more competitive, we live an era of quality, efficient companies in all workers play an important role, so that unions should be regarded as a link in Resources processes Human.
The following topics in the current work are given and its application in organizations that have implemented Organisational Development incorporating unions as such. We leave to the reader deepen or complement the theme for enrichment.
* Labor aristocracy. – Robe, relatively small, of the working class is made up of workers, often highly skilled-capitalist countries, the bourgeois workers who bribe achieved thanks to the super-profits of the monopoly. In the imperialist era, establishing the economic basis in several countries to be possible to bribe the upper layer of the working class, which uses a variety of methods: pay raises to some employees, provides good jobs to the aristocracy and labor bureaucracy in the state apparatus and the unions, given profit sharing, etc..
* Labor. – Movement or current organization of various socio-professional categories, usually has as main objective the defense of the economic interests of its members. Trade unionism is fundamentally trade unionism, but the term can be applied to all professional associations, organized on union system.
* It is also designated by this term, the doctrine attributed to the trade unions, the role of leading the revolution and the task of running society. Unionism well understood, has lost the importance it had in the first two decades of the last century.
* Union. – From Greek trustees, not “together” and a derivative of dike “justice.” In its broadest sense, association of legal entity or individual that aims to represent and defend their common interests. However, in its ordinary sense, they are associations of workers and employees, of a profession (trade union) or an industry (industry union), which are grouped in order to defend their rights and interests immediate: wages, hours, working conditions, safety, etc..
Unions are indeed instruments of incorporation of the workers in the struggle for the defense of their interests and raising their standard of living, while helping in the formation of an organized working class and combative. These struggles protest-from increased wages, to reduce the demands of the working day, to participation in profit and co-are the starting point for the working class to assume its role in the struggle for liberation and reach a certain degree of autonomy and organization, achieving direct perception of its quantitative value, especially in states and confederations struggles within unions. C. In the text Marx prepared in relation to the unions, which was read at the First International, noted that “The unions have formed organization unconsciously homes for the working class, as the Municipalities and Communities of the Middle Ages did for the bourgeoisie. If Unions, for their first character, are strictly necessary for the daily struggles between capital and labor-real-guerrilla fighting for his second character, are far more important as vehicles yet organized for wage suppression and domination capital “.
According to article 220 punishes, the labor code, the main purposes of unions are the following
* Represent the members in different instances of collective bargaining, sign collective labor instruments applicable, ensure compliance and enforce the rights that they are born.
* Representing workers in the exercise of the rights arising from individual employment contracts, when required by partners. Requirement need not be affected to represent them in the exercise of rights under the collective bargaining agreements and instruments in claiming violations of laws affecting the generality of its partners. In no event may receive remuneration for its members.
* Ensure compliance with labor laws and social security, report their violations to the s administrative or judicial authorities, acting as a party to the proceedings or claims giving rise to the application of fines or other sanctions.
* Act as part of the judgments or claims, judicial or administrative, aimed denounce unfair practices generally assume the representation of social interests compromised by the failure to follow established laws protecting their members, together or separately respective state services.
* Assist partners and promote mutual cooperation between them, encourage and integral human coexistence and provide recreation.
* Promote union education, technical and general partners.
* Channel integration concerns and needs regarding the company and its work.
* To encourage the improvement of systems of risk prevention of occupational accidents and diseases, subject to the jurisdiction of the Joint Committees on Health and Safety and can also make these statements and petitions and demand delivery.
* Set up, attend the constitution or join mutuals, funds or other services and participate. These services may include technical consulting, legal, educational, cultural, socio-economic promotion and others.
* Set up, attend the constitution or institutions associated with temporary or health, whatever their legal status and participate.
* To encourage the improvement of the level of employment and participate in job placement functions.
* In general, perform all activities covered by the statutes and that is not forbidden by law.
Although the primary purpose of unions is to represent its members and to protect and safeguard workers may develop activities that report income, provided these are provided in the Bylaws, which are not prohibited by law, and that the product of these activities is intended for the purposes of labor or increase their wealth.
In the aspect of human relations, the union also carries a role to play. Besides assisting its members and promote mutual cooperation between them, the unions should stimulate and integral human coexistence and provide recreation. Also have the power to promote union education, technical and general partners. It also has powers to channel integration concerns and needs regarding the company and its workers.
TYPES OF UNIONS
* Business Union: the one that brings together workers in the same company;
* Enterprise union: the one that brings together two or more workers than employers;
* Independent Workers Union: the one that brings together workers who depend on one employer;
* Workers Union casual or transient: the one composed of workers performing work under dependence or subordination in cyclic or intermittent periods.
* Industry Union. – Grouping in a single union of workers of a particular industry, regardless of profession, trade or specialty.
* Union Office. – Grouping in a single union workers in the same profession, trade or specialty, regardless of industry or company.
The formation of a union must necessarily respect the following process:
The agreement for the establishment of a union must be adopted at a meeting specially convened for that purpose.
This workers’ meeting be held with the minimum quorum required by law, according to the union to form.
In this assembly, should be adopted bylaws and to elect the board, all of which will be recorded in a corresponding act.
Necessarily require the presence of a minister of faith, who are mentioned in Article 218 of the Labour Code, Labour Inspector, Notary Public, Civil Registrar and state officials who have been designated as such by management Labour.
Voting shall be secret and always personal.
Quorum and percentage of incorporation.
* A) Companies with more than 50 employees
A minimum of 25 workers which correspond, at least, 10% of workers who provide services to the company.
* B) Companies with more than 50 employees, where there is no existing union.
In these cases, the union may be formed with a minimum of 8 workers, regardless of the percentage they represent of the total workforce of the company.
* C) Companies with 50 or fewer workers.
To form a union in these companies will require only a minimum of 8 employees, without requiring that represent a percentage of the employees of the company.
* D) Companies with facilities.
In each facility may become a union with a minimum of 25 workers representing at least 30% of workers in the establishment.
* E) unions with 250 or more partners.
These unions may become, whatever the percentage of workers in the company they represent.
* F) Other unions.
To form a union other than those mentioned in previous letters, it requires a minimum of 25 workers.
Other considerations in the formation of a union
* The union can be formed into a company, regardless of how long they have worked. No specific demands of this age.
* All work which contributes to the formation of a union of the set, is covered by labor courts.